Friday, December 31, 2010

Ok, I am not going make it. I had a hard month of December. I had all these yummy Christmas stuff planned and then Eli got sick. It was a half week in the hospital and then were in the doctors office a couple times and they never really know what was wrong. Then on top of it all, he got the chicken pox. It was a hard month for Eli. However I will finish out the 365. Give me a week or two. Also I plan to keep trying new things and I will blog the ones that we love. Please know if you tried anything and loved it or you have a great recipe for me to try!

339. Golden Cornbread


so good!

*1 cup flour
*1 cup cornmeal
*2/3 cup white sugar
*1 tsp salt
*3 1/2 tsp baking powder
*1 egg
*1 cup milk
*1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400
Mix together and pour into a round cake pan
Bake for 20-25 minutes

340. Chili


I got to break in my fancy new dutch oven. My mother in law gave me a Le Creuset and its awesome!

*2 lb ground beef
*1 lb sausage, crumbled
*3 cans chili beans, drained
*1 can chili beans in spicy sauce
*2 cans diced tomatoes
*1 can tomato paste
*1 onion chopped
*2 cubes beef bouillon

Brown the beef and sausage with the onion
Add the rest of the ingredients in the dutch oven and simmer for 2 hours



341. Garlic Bread


It was not the best bread.



342. Baked Spaghetti


So good! Easy to make the the kids loved it.

*1 lb spaghetti
*1 lb ground beef
*1 jar sauce
*4 ounces cream cheese, softened
*1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350
Boil noodles in salted water
Brown the beef
Mix the beef with sauce and noodles
Mix in the cream cheese and top with cheese
Bake for 20-25 minutes



343. Chocolate Chip cookies


Not as good as the ones I made earlier in the year!


344. Pork chops


These were good. Not something I would eat every week but worth making!

*4 pork chops
*1 tsp garlic powder
*1 tsp salt
*2 eggs
*1/4 cup flour
*1 cup bread crumbs
*2 TBSP olive oil
*1 can cream mushroom soup
*1/3 cup white wine

Preheat oven 350
Season pork with salt and garlic powder
Place beaten eggs in a swallow dish
Dredge pork in flour and dip in egg and then coat with bread crumbs
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat
Fry the pork for 5 minutes per side
Transfer to baking dish and cover with foil
Bake for 30 minutes
Combine the soup, milk and wine
Cover with mixture and replace foil cooking for another 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment