Friday, April 9, 2010

96. Spicy Asian Wings

This was really good. I did not think that it was that spicy. Eli thought that it was spicy and was not thrilled about todays meal. Elise ate it and even asked me for more food, which almost never happens. Normally its the fight and threats with her.
This recipe said to grill them, however I cooked them in the crockpot and I thought that it turned out really good.

*1/2 cup soy sauce
*1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
*2 TBSP honey
*2 TBSP olive oil
*4 cloves minced garlic
*2 TBSP ginger
*1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
*1/2 tsp black pepper
*4 lb chicken wings, tips removed

Now, here is what the the recipes said to do....
Whisk together everything and add chicken, turning to coat
Marinate, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
Heat Grill on high
Grill for 12-16 minutes (180 degrees)

I doubled everything but the chicken and I put it the crock pot after I let it marinate.
I cooked it on low for 5 hours.
YUMMY

97. Sesame Broccoli

Now Elise ate all this and seemed to really like it. I thought that it was ok but nothing that shattered my world. Eli did not like the seeds and did not like the bell pepper and did not care for the broccoli, so not a hit for him!

*1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut into pieces
*1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
*2 tsp veg. oil
*1 tsp dark sesame oil
*1 clove garlic, minced
*1 slice ginger very thin slivers
*3 TBSP teriyaki sauce
*1 tsp lemon juice
*1 TBSP sesame seeds, toasted

Steam broccoli and pepper for 5-7 minutes
In a non-stick skillet, heat veg. oil and sesame oil
Add garlic and ginger, stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds
Stir in teriyaki sauce and lemon juice
Toss vegetables in sauce to coat
Sprinkle with sesame seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment