Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 4 Back

91. Triple Smoked Pasta

I am not going to put the recipe on here because this was WAY too spicy. My husband loves spicy and he could not finish a bowl of it. My father was the same way. I took 2 bites and had to make something else for myself and the kids. If you want the recipe email me Katiejerozal@gmail.com and I will send it. It was really hot and I did not use all the spice it called for. I cut it in half and it was still too much.

92. London Broil with Potatoes and Peppers

This was our Easter dinner and it was good. It was easy to make and the kids liked it too.

*1/4 cup plus 1 tsp vegetable oil
*1 1/2 cup red potatoes, scrubbed ad cut into 3/4 inch pieces
*2 yellow or red bell peppers cut into 1/2 strips
*coarse salt and pepper
*1 1/2 lbs london broil
*1 TBSP paprika

Heat Broiler (It did not say but I used high), with rack set 4 inches from heat source
In a large skillet heat 1/4 oil over medium heat
Add potatoes and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown 15-20 minutes
Add peppers and season with salt and pepper
Continue to cook tossing occasionally until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes
Meanwhile, rub beef with oil and season with salt, pepper and paprika
Broil, turning once until meat is 130 degrees about 10 minutes
Let rest 10 minutes
Slice thin and serve with potatoes and peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment