Thursday, March 4, 2010

march 4

67. Broccoli and Cheese Campanelle

First the cake was hit and let me tell you it was good. It had that Key Lime bite to it and was refreshing.
Tonights dinner was good. Eli ate it all with only mild threats! Elise hated it and ate three bites that took 30 minutes and then wanted dessert. Let me tell you that it did not happen. This had a kick to it and I did not even use the whole amount of pepper-jack it called for.

*1 lb campanelle pasta
*2 TBSP onion flakes
*1 bag fresh broccoli (12 onces)
*1 jar double cheddar sauce
*8 onces diced ham
*1 cup grated pepper-jack cheese

I used a couple of slices and then I used Mont. Jack cheese

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil
Add the pasta and the onion flakes, cook for 4 minutes
Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes
Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat the cheddar sauce, ham and pepper-jack cheese, stirring occasionally. (it did not say what heat to use, I used LOW)
Drain pasta and return to pot
Stir in cheese sauce mixture until combined

No comments:

Post a Comment