Sunday, June 20, 2010

fathers day

151. Pork with Sweet Chili sauce

Happy Fathers Day! When I asked Dave what he wanted for Fathers day dinner, he told me pork chops and boxed Mac and cheese. Boxed. Come on, work with me. So that is what he is getting.

*1/2 cup bottled chili sauce, such as Heinz
*1/2 cup peach preserves
*2 TBSP orange juice
*2 TBSP Dijon mustard
*1/2 tsp salt and pepper
*8 pork loin chops (1 1/2 lb)

Mix the above together and marinate for at least an hour
Heat grill to high and cook until done about 5 minutes

Since I was cooking for 6 people I doubled everything. It smells great

152. Glazed Parsnips and Carrots

*5 Parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
*5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
*2 tsp sugar
*1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

Place the parsnips and carrots in a skillet and cover with water
Add the sugar and vinegar
Cook on medium high until boils
Continue to cook for 20 minutes or until soft

Yummy. I do love the parsnips.

No comments:

Post a Comment