Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7

144. SPAGHETTI CHEESE BAKE

We had some friend over for dinner. There were 4 preschoolers and I did not want to make something that they would not eat. I thought that this was a safe bet and man I loved it. My kids both loved and ate a good bit of it. So it was a hit.

*1 lb. ground beef
*1/4 c. chopped onion
*Sm. jar prepared spaghetti sauce
*1 1/2 c. broken spaghetti (6 or 7 oz.)
*2 tbsp. butter
*1 c. or more grated Cheddar cheese
*1 tbsp. flour
*2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
*1/4 tsp. salt
*3/4 c. evaporated milk
*1/3 c. water

I changed this some. I will put in the changes I made but I wanted to put in the real recipe.

Brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
Add spaghetti sauce. Simmer 1 minute.
Cook spaghetti noodles according to directions on package.
Rinse and drain.
Mix spaghetti and sauce.
Melt butter in saucepan.
Stir in flour and salt.
Add evaporated milk and water. HERE IS THE CHANGE= I did not have evaporated milk so I used a cup of milk instead of the evap. milk and water. It was good.
Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
Add Cheddar and Parmesan cheese, stir until melted.
Spread 1/2 spaghetti in baking dish, then all of sauce, then remainder of spaghetti.
Spread 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment