Saturday, August 21, 2010

aug 21

206. Cranberry Pot Roast

Now I am going to admit that I love that canned cranberry sauce. It is my favorite part of thanksgiving and I just love it. My husband likes it as well. Elise liked it....Eli, not so much
The roast was good. I would cook it less time than they call for

*3 cups beef broth
*1 cup water
*2 cans cranberry sauce

*1 (4 lb) beef chuck roast
*salt and pepper
*3 TBSP flour
*2 TBSP Veg oil
*1 sweet onion, chopped

Bring beef broth and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat
Stir in cranberry sauce until dissolved
Pour sauce into a slow cooker and set to high
Meanwhile season beef with salt and peeper and sprinkle with flour
Heat veg oil in skillet and cook beef until brown on all sides
Transfer Roast to cooker along with chopped onion
Cook on high for 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment