Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 24

174. Caesar dressing

Ok...I have to tell you something. Its no better than the stuff you  buy in the bottle. I remember when Dave and I went to Italy and I thought that the pasta was going to be awesome. Don't get me wrong it was good but you can buy pasta as good at your local grocery store. Same with this. It was not good enough to go through the trouble to make it yourself

*1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
*1/4 cup reduced fat mayo
*1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
*2 anchovy, chopped
*1 small garlic cloved

Mix in a blender until smooth

175. Croutons

Now these on the other hand were really good and way cheaper to make than buying them at the store. Plus it was easy

*4 ounces Italian bread, cut in 1/4 inch cubes
*2 TBSP olive oil
*salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375
Place bread on cookie sheet and drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper
Toss and bake for 12-15 minutes

176. Pistachio Ice Cream

I will tell you that this is my favorite flavor. I love the Ben and Jerrys! This was so darn good. Even the kids liked it.

*2 cups heavy cream
*1 cup whole milk
*1 cup chopped pistachios
*1 cup sugar
*1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix and place in an ice cream machine.
turn on for 20-25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment