Friday, February 19, 2010

feb 19

52. Beer-braised sausages with war potato salad

This was really yummy and so easy to make. Eli ate about half the sausage and then complained that he did not like it. They had to be threaten to take a bite of the potato. So not a hit with the under 5 crowd!

*2 TBSP olive oil
*1 1/2 lb sweet sausage
*1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
*12 onces pale ale beer
*1 1/2 lb small red potatoes, halved
*coarse salt and pepper
*1 TBSP red-wine vinegar
*2 TBSP parsley

In a Large dutch oven heat 1 TBSP oil over medium high
Add sausages and cook until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes
Add onion and cook until softened, about 7 minutes
Add beer, potatoes and 2 cups of waters, season with salt and pepper (Make sure that the potatoes are under the water)
Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes
Transfer the sausages to a plate and keep warm
In a large bowl stir together 1 TBSP oil, vinegar and parsley
With a slotted spoon take the potatoes and mix with the mixture
Return the pot to a high heat and boil until liquid reduces to 1 cup, about 12 minutes
Add the sausages back to the pot and cook for 2 minutes
Serve warm.

Now after the dutch oven issue at Target I am going to use the heck out of pot! I really do like it and it is handy to have. Also I have decided that I love red-wine vinegar. It's the best. Also since I did not have ale on hand I used Michelob Ulta!!
Tomorrow we are having a small dinner party with 6-8 people, so I am off to plan the menu. Wish me luck!!

53.Chocolate Peanut Blowouts

This was not that great so I am not going to waste my time typing it out or your time reading it! I am on the hunt for a really good cookie recipe!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! And I'm so excited because I need all the help I can get with cooking. I'm looking forward to trying out some of your recipes.
    So, do you remember where you got the necklace for Eli's birthmother? I've looked at a couple of places but can't find anything that I really like. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete