Tuesday, February 2, 2010

feb 2

45. Hoisin Chicken

What can I say....? I love hoisin. I really like the stuff at PF Changs but the stuff from Whole Foods is alright too. I like this recipe more than Dave did. I guess that's fair since he liked last nights better.

*1/4 cup honey
*2 TBSP soy sauce
*2 TBSP hoisin
*1 TBSP ginger
*1 tsp sesame oil
*3 gloves garlic, minced
*6 frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breast (Do not thaw) I used 2 because I did not want leftovers
*2 tsp cornstarch
*2 tsp cold water
*1 TBSP sesame seeds

In a zip lock bag combine honey, soy, hoisin, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.
One at a time place the frozen chicken in the bag, seal and shake to coat with the sauce
Transfer to a slow cooker, pouring the sauce over the chicken
Cook on low for 4-6 hours
When done strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer into a saucepan
In a cup combine the water and cornstarch
Bring the sauce to a boil over high heat, add the slurry and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes
Sprinkle the chicken with the sesame seeds and serve with the sauce.

A couple of nice people have asked about my poor thumb. It still hurts but is getting better. I am still not really cutting things yet! Still scared to death of the cute mandolin! I have not even opened the drawer where it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment