Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feb 28...memo

63. Cracked Sugar Cookies

I am not sure if my sweet husband got the memo about the point of this whole year. When I started to make these cookies he wanted to know if I could put chocolate chips in half. Hello....Honey....The whole point to branch out. So come on, Branch out! After eating these he said that he liked them but it would be better if it was Chocolate. What can I do?? I just smiled and said maybe next time.

*1 1/4 cups white sugar
*1 cup butter
*3 egg yolks
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 350
Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
Cream together sugar and butter.
Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
Add flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
Form dough into walnut size balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Don't flatten.
Bake 10 to 11 minutes, until tops are cracked and just turning color.

they were so good that Elise almost ate a whole cookie. that is saying something.

1 comment: