Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jan 9 The best cookies!

17. Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

ok...the drawback of this year is going to be the left overs!! So today Eli asked me to make cookies and I thought ok. That way we can have left overs for lunch and dinner and the cookies can be the recipe of the day. Plus I have been looking for a really good chocolate cookie for awhile. I hate a cookie that is not chewy. This is wonderful and the cookies really stay chewy, even when not warm.

*2 cups plus 2 TBSP flour
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp salt
*1 & 1/2 unsalted butter melted (I did not have unsalted so I just took out most of the salt from above.)
*1 cup packed light brown sugar
*1/2 cup sugar
*1 large egg
*1 large egg yolk
*2 tsp vanilla
*1 & 1/2 cups of choc chips, semisweet

preheat oven to 325
In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl beat the melted butter and sugars on low until smooth.
Beat in egg and egg yolk and vanilla until combined.
Beat on law while mixing in the flour mixture.
Mix in the chips
Roll the dough into balls and lay on baking sheets (use your flour in the can!!)
Place about 2 inches apart
Bake for 15-20 minute (it was 15 in my oven) and half way through rotate your pan.
Take out of the oven and leave on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely

So the egg and the egg yolk I thought was strange, but it says the extra yolk helps the cookie stay chewy and they were right!! Also the melted butter helps too. Whatever helped they were good. Elise turned down the offer for a cookie. I know Strange but she is not really s a sweets eater. Eli and Dave loved them!
On a side note my friend Rita made the whoopie pies and loved them as well. Please let me know if you try anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment