Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan 19 Bland

30. Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore

I really do like the idea of Chicken Cacciatore. I honestly do, but I just don't love it in real life. I thought that I would give it another try. Maybe if I made it myself and saw what went into it, I would like it more.
So this morning I got out the slow cooker and gave it a whirl!
Guess what???? I still don't love it. Eli tasted it and looked at me as though I was asking him to eat glass. Elise liked it. Dave thought it was bland.

*4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
*2/3 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
*1-1/3 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
*5 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
*2/3 onion, finely diced
*1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon minced garlic

Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
Top with the spaghetti sauce, green bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.

To be fair to this recipe, I only had a yellow pepper so maybe the green pepper would have made it better.
Please try and see if you like it better!!!

ps....the bread was AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment