Sunday, January 10, 2010

jan 10...bound to happen

Well, it was bound to happen at some point. If I was going to make 365 new recipes, there was going to be ones that we all hated. Maybe hate is too strong of a word, but we all really did not like one of tonights recipes. It sounded good in theory, but it did not pan out. I think that I made it right but it was just not a good recipe.

18.Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast
Now I know that my sister in law is saying "I told her I dont like fruit with meat." I will try something else soon.

19. Macaroni and Cheese
Now this was really good. I had to go off the recipe a tad.

*1 & 1/2 cups skim or law fat milk
*1 (15 ounce) can evaporated milk
*1 large beaten egg
*1/4 tsp salt
*Large pinch black pepper
*1 & 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
*8 ounces elbow macaroni
*2 TBSP parmesan cheese

Coat the inside of a slow cooker
Combine the milks, egg, salt and pepper with a whisk until smooth
Put the Parmesan Cheese on top.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.

This is the recipe. I found that it cooks really fast. Like in an hour and so if you want to cook it the whole time double the milk and stir it a couple of times in he 3 hours.
Now, we all liked this a lot.
Let's see what tomorrow will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment