Monday, January 11, 2010

Jan 11 The sweet smell of Salmon

Jan 11
20. Maple Salmon

I must admit that I am scared of cooking fish. I normally get everything ready and then have my husband make it. I hate over cooked and under seasoned fish. During this year I was going to overcome my fear and make more fish. It is a rare treat!!(inside joke!!)

*1/4 cup maple syrup
*2 tablespoons soy sauce
*1 clove garlic, minced
*1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
*1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
*1 pound salmon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.

this was really good. Dave said that it made it up for the bad chicken last night!!

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to try this, maybe next week. I might be the only one that eats it, but it will be worth it anyway!

    ReplyDelete