Monday, January 4, 2010

chicken and dumplings

to back track a few days.
I started Jan. 1 and in one day made 6 new things.
1. Ribs
2. Potato Salad
3. Brownies
4. Chocolate ice cream
5. apple sauce
6. Red Pepper dip.

The dip was really good.
*1 jar of roasted red peppers (I had to ask where they were in the store)
*1 cup was feta cheese
*a couple cloves of garlic crushed
*2 TBSP olive oil
Put in the food processor (I know I never use mine either. It was a wedding gift and I have used it about 5 times) and pulse for about a minute.
Serve with pita chips.


Dave and I loved it. My kids told me it was gross.


Jan 2- Elise and I both got a stomach bug and there was no cooking

Jan 3-
7.Chicken and dumplings
8.Roasted Broccoli
9. whoopie pies

Chicken and dumplings were the stand out....

*4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
*2 tablespoons butter
*2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
*1 onion, finely diced
*1 can of peas and carrots
*2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Cut the chicken into strips and place in the crock pot. Mix the butter, soup, veggies and then cover with chicken broth or water (I used broth and it was great)
cook for 6 hours on high. About 90 minutes until its done take the biscuit out and break into pieces and dump on top. Cover and cook.
Its wonderful. Dave said one of his favorites ever.
Elise hated it and went to bed early after she chewed a piece of broccoli and spit it on the dinging room table. Eli thought it was not as good as Wendys. Oh Well!

Jan 4-
10. Baked Pork Chops -not that wonderful
11. Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms

11 down!!!

3 comments:

  1. What recipe did you use for the whoopie pies? I tried one a while back, but they turned out dry... Did the kids like them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I'm definitely trying the chicken and dumplings and the red pepper dip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie this is so awesome! I want to try your red pepper dip..

    ReplyDelete