Monday, January 4, 2010

How it started....

By the demand of my husband and those 6 friends who wanted to see this, I am starting this blog. I never thought I would blog anything. I mean who cares about my life?? Then I had this idea.
I was going to cook 365 new recipes in a year. I mean I have all these wonderful cookbooks. I have tons of them in my kitchen. My wonderful sister in law gives them to me for my birthday. (thanks Jen!) I love to read them. I subscribe to cooking magazines and am always looking at cooking web sites. I find a couple of great things to make and then I fall into the rut of just making those things. Don't we all? I am sure that I am not the only one guilty of that.
So, this was my year to change it. I am going to make 365 new recipes. I am going to cook things I never thought I would make. I am also, in the process, going to make my kids eat with us for dinner and eat what I make. Done with the corn dogs and nuggets!! It was a great idea until I sat down to plan the first week and made the list of what to buy. It takes a lot of planning!
So, join me in the ups and downs. The great things I make and not so great things. I will post recipes, photos and what my kids think of eating things like salmon!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Katie I blog as well. Welcome to the blogosphere. Check out mine I blog recipes plus more, http://shannonrae72.blogspot.com. If you need any advice or just have questions let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read this esp what the kids think. It will be an interesting year for you!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, see, I thought you were going to do 365 new recipes in 365 days. Cool! You'll have your goal knocked out in no time!

    ReplyDelete