Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jan 27....the Dutch Oven drama

39. Barbecue Chili

This was so good. I love chili and I have to say that this is one of the best chili's that I have ever tasted. Dave agreed with me on this one as well. Elise even had a bite and told me it was ok. So high praise!
However it calls for a dutch oven. After nap time I got the kids ready and we went to target to get a dutch oven. I got the only one they had there and brought it home to wash it and use it....I open the box and there is no lid. Missing. Who does that happen to other than me? So tomorrow I will be taking it back to Target to try to get one that has a lid.

*1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
*1 lb ground beef (or turkey, venison....whatever!)
*1 cup chopped onion
*2 cloves garlic chopped
*1/4 cup chili powder
*1 TBSP Cumin
*1 can (16 on.) stewed tomatoes
*1 cup ketchup
*1/3 cup brown sugar
*1/4 cup molasses
*1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
*1 TBSP dry mustard
*2 can dark red kidney beans, drained
*2 cans pinto beans, drained
*1 can cannellini beans, drained

In a large dutch over, (thank Target) heat oil over a medium high heat
Add meat, onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin, cook stirring to break up the meat, about 10 minutes until meat is no longer pink
Stir in tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, worcestershire and mustard
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
Stir in the beans, cover and simmer for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
Garnish with Jalapenos, which we did not!!

YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment