Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jan 28

40. Penne Pesto with Chicken

I was worried about this one. I thought that the pesto being so green along with Broccoli would scare my kids. However I went ahead and tired it and was ready for the battle. I dished up the meal and held my breath. Imagine my shock when I set it down and they both ate it and liked it. Elsie ate all the Broccoli and never fought me at all. It was a shock to me as well.

*1 large bunch broccoli rabe....I used regular broccoli and it was great.
*1 box penne pasta
*2 cloves garlic, pealed and sliced
*9 Onces of fully cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
*1 container Pesto (7onces)

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
Add Broccoli and cook for 3 minutes
Scoop into bowl and add pasta to boiling water, cook 9 minutes
Heat 2 TBSP olive oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat
Add garlic and cook 2 minutes
Stir in broccoli and cook 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper
Drain pasta
Stir chicken, pasta and pesto into skillet
Cook 2 minutes
Serve warm

Eli is not a pasta eater....I know strange! However he even ate it without any threats tonight.
Also I got a new dutch oven with a lid so I am looking for things to make in that now!

No comments:

Post a Comment