Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jan 16 Real Butter

26. Million-Dollar Pound Cake

One of my very best friends came to see us from Florida and I was not in the mood to cook tonight but I wanted to make something for her that I dont always make. So I made a pound cake.
When you see this recipe you will understand the real butter in the title.

*1 lb Butter, soften...thats right..1 POUND. that is 4 sticks
*3 cups sugar
*6 large eggs
*4 cups flour
*3/4 cup milk
*1 tsp vanilla
*1 tsp almond (I think that next time I would use a tad more.)

Preheat oven to 300
grease the inside of a bunt pan or tube pan
Beat butter until light yellow and creamy
Add in the sugar
Beat one egg at a time
Add flour alternately with the milk, end with the flour
Stir in the extracts
Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
It is done with the toothpick come out clean

I used a bunt pan and I had to take out about a 1 maybe 1 1/2 cup of the batter. Maybe it will fit better in the tube pan.

I almost never make things like this and it was so good. I am going to freeze half of it. It is a big pound cake.
Serve with ice cream, fruit, whipped cream...and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment