Friday, January 8, 2010

Jan 8

16. Rigatoni and Sausage

My husband and his family love the cured pork products so I am always on the lookout for good recipes calling for sausage. Elise being a true Jerozal will eat anything that looks like sausage or bacon! She is not big on other meats but this she will always eat.

*1 lb Sweet Italian Sausage (pork or turkey)
I used Pork since I had just been to Costco and picked up some!
*26-28 once jar of Tomato pasta sauce
*1 lb Rigatoni, UNCOOKED
*Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese

I added some garlic powder, basil and oregano plus some salt and pepper.

Coat the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
Brown the sausage over med-high heat
Pour the pasta sauce into the cooker.
Fill a the jar with water and pour that in too.
Add the Pasta and cooked sausage.
Stir together.
Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours. Do not over cook.
Half way through the cooking stir again.

Elise really liked this one. Eli told me that it was not as good as the stuff in a can and then practiced crossing his eyes at me during dinner. I will tell you that they both ate everything and that is good because they will be having it for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment