Friday, January 15, 2010

Jan 15

25. Blondies

The third friday of the month our Y does free child care for members. So from 6:30-10, they will watch our kids. This means we go out for dinner and I dont cook!
I thought I would make something this morning for the kids.

*1 1/2 cups flour
*1 tsp baking powder
*1/2 tsp salt
*1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
*12 TBSP unsalted butter, melted and coolef
*2 large eggs
*4 tsp vanilla (I know...I had to read that twice too but it calls for 4)
*1/2 cup chocolate chips
*1/2 cup white chocolate chips
*1 cup toasted and chopped pecans

Preheat oven 10 350
Spray a 9x13 pan
Whisk the butter and brown sugar together
Whisk in eggs and vanilla
Stir in flour, baking powder and salt
Stir in chips
Pour in pan and bake for 22-25 minutes

Dave liked these better than anyone. Elise will not eat anything that looks like a brownie and not even really a cookie.
A special thank you to my sister, Meg for sending me a fun new cookbook. I cant wait to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment